Recipes for Tandoori Spice Blend
INGREDIENTS (Serves 4)
- 2 tbs Tandoori Spice Blend
- 1 kg Chicken (either diced/drumsticks/thighs)
- 250 g of plain yogurt
- 2 cloves of fresh garlic crushed or chopped
- 1 piece (1 cm cube) of fresh ginger grated or finely chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- juice of half lemon
- chopped fresh coriander and or 1/4 red onion thinly sliced
- Score the chicken if using drumsticks or thighs
- Add the ginger, garlic, 1 tbs of Tandoori spice blend to the yogurt in a glass bowl
- Season with salt and pepper and add the juice of half a lemon.
- Taste add more seasoning and lemon if required
- Mix well and smother the chicken with the yogurt mixture in the glass bowl
- Cover the chicken and allow to stand in the fridge for as long as you can, preferably overnight .
- Place in an oven proof dish and bake in the oven at 180 degrees for 20 mins or until the juices run clear.
- Finish off under the grill turning occasionally, to get a char-grilled effect .
- Garnish with chopped coriander and thinly sliced red onion (optional)
Instead of using the oven/grill, you can easily cook this on the barbie….maybe wait til its warmer though!