Herb Crusted Fish Recipe
Herb Crusted Fish
Whether its a quick mid week meal or looking to impress for your dinner party, this recipe can do both with ease. The slightly coarse dill and coriander seeds works well as a herb based spice crust
INGREDIENTS (Serves 4)
- 4 tbs Spice Crust Blend
- 4 x 150g (600g) of firm fish e.g. salmon/halibut/swordfish/cod
- 3 tbs rapeseed oil/veg oil for blend
- 2 tbs rapeseed oil/veg oil for pan frying
- 8 tbs breadcrumbs
- 60 g finely chopped parsley
- salt & pepper to taste
- Juice of half lemon
- Lemon slices
- In a shallow glass bowl mix breadcrumbs, parsley, 4 tbs of spice crust blend with 2-3 tbsp oil
- Season with salt and pepper and add the juice of half a lemon.
- Taste and add more seasoning and lemon juice if required
- Line a baking tray with aluminium foil.
- Season both sides of each fish fillet with salt and pepper and place them skin-side down on the prepared tray.
- Mix well and generously cover the fillets of fish with the spice crust mixture all over
- Allow to stand for as little as 30 mins.
- Baking time will vary depending on the thickness of the fillets. Place in oven at 180 degrees fan asst for 10-15 mins
- Finish off under a hot grill for a couple of minutes to allow the spices to turn into a crust topping.
- Fish is cooked when the fillets have lost their translucence and are white.