Easy Feisty Fajitas
Fajitas are fun, fabulous and finger licking good. This truly is a family meal, gets everyone involved and interacting around the dinner table. Its an informal and relaxed way of eating.
The sizzling vegetables are as colourful as they are delicious. You can add any vegetables you have including sweetcorn, mange tout and completely leave out the chicken! The lime gives it a fresh zingy kick.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2–3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium red onion (sliced)
- a sliced green bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 6-8 mushrooms
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1-2 tsp Taco Seasoning spice blend
- juice from 1/2 lime
Planning & Preparation
- Cut the chicken into strips
- Slice the onions
- Cut the bell peppers into long strips
- Chop the mushrooms
- Squeeze the lime
- Chop the coriander (optional)
- In a bowl place the chicken, salt and pepper to season, 1 tsp of The Spice Yard Taco seasoning spice and half the lime juice. Leave aside
- In a frying pan or wok, heat the oil.
- Add the chicken to the frying pan and stir fry for 5-6 mins or until the chicken is almost cooked through
- Add the vegetables and stir in with the chicken
- Sprinkle more of the Taco seasoning (start with a little and taste when the chicken is cooked through)
- Cook for a further 4-5 mins or until the chicken is completely cooked through and the vegetables are how you like them.
- Taste and add more spice or salt and pepper if needed
- Tip in the rest of the lime juice and garnish with freshly chopped coriander.
- Serve immediately with warm tortillas, homemade salsa, guacamole, sour cream